In looking at a variation on the NETs for ICT classrooms, I really need to make sure that I am asking students for the right questions. Right now I am spending the week observing what is going on in the ICT based classroom.
- What teacher resources were generated and being used in the classroom
- What was the nature of the activity (searching Google? etc.,)
- What were the ‘new’ mastery skills were students learning(if any)
- We’re students aware of copyright and appropriate use of ‘the web’
- Was the activity – passive or participatory.
We are surveying staff – in regards to where there see themselves in terms of the NETs and their classroom?
BUT I NEED YOUR HELP!
I am going to put out a surveymonkey – to poll students about what they ‘do’ in an ICT based lesson? What I am seeking to find out is ‘what are teachers actually doing’. I want to contrast this with the NETs. Ultimately this study will guide the strategic plan for professional development and the way we build and service the next generation of classrooms.
At the end of this, I’ll make the survey public – so you can all share the same questions and answers. Why oil dip one school – when we can oil dip the planet – all I need is ONE QUESTION from you.
I WOULD LIKE YOU TO POST ONE QUESTION AS A COMMENT – THAT I COULD USE TO DISCOVER THE DEPTH OF LEARNING/ICT USE IN THE CLASSROOM (in light of the desire to offer 21st Century learning).